Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Day 5, Tuesday, July 9th

Today was a off day from riding town to town.  We were in Paradise today and tonight.  Our activity today was to take a train and boat ride to Tahquamenon Falls.  What's that you say 'how do you pronounce that name?'  Well here's a hint:  it rhymes with 'phenomenon.' 

This was an all day event with a 35 mile motorcycle ride to get to the train then a 45 minute train ride and a 2 hour boat ride.  An hour and a half at the falls then back the same way.  So 10:30 am departure and 5:30 pm arrival back at the start point and another 35 mile ride back to the hotel.  Whew!  No wonder we're tired.

But it was fun.  Well except for the hour hike to the falls and an hour back to the boat - and uphill both ways at that!  And then there were the very aggressive ever present mosquitoes which wanted huge chunks of us.  We fed them so well they actually took pity on me and carried me the last 100 feet to the boat.

Unfortunately we had a camera malfunction and the photos I thought I got of the falls just did not turn out.  It was the camera I swear.  It was NOT me!

But we did get a few shots. 






No comments:

Post a Comment